- Academic calendar and important dates
- Adverse weather arrangements
- Extenuating Circumstances Affecting Assessment (Examination/Coursework)
- Getting started at UOWCHK
- IELTS Preparatory Course
- Scholarships and awards
- Sponsorship scheme for Language Proficiency Tests
- Student English Enhancement Unit (Project SEE U)
- Student Learning Support Scheme
- Student services
- Technical Support
- Useful Links
Sponsorship scheme for Language Proficiency Tests
Sponsorship Scheme for International Language Proficiency Tests
UOWCHK has a strong focus on English and other foreign languages and provides sponsorship to those students who have achieved the required level in the internationally recognized language proficiency tests, including International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Test de Connaissance du Francais (TCF), Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (JLPT), Korean Language Ability Test (KLAT), National Putonghua Proficiency Test (PSC) and Diploma de Espanol Lengua Extranjera (DELE).
Our students have achieved remarkable results in IELTS in recent years. In 2019/20, the College has sponsored 100 students to sit for the IELTS and their results are tabulated as below. Together with good CGPAs, they enhance students’ chances of getting admitted into senior year places of UGC-funded institutions.
|No. of students
Through this sponsorship scheme, the College wishes to acknowledge and reward the hard work of students who strive to improve their language proficiency. The amount of reimbursement ranges from 50 – 100% of the test fee. To apply for reimbursement, please complete the relevant Reimbursement Claim Form and return it to the UOWCHK College Office at FW 402, 4/F, Festival Walk Tower, 80 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon, together with the following documents:
- The completed Bank Account Information Form together with a copy of your bank statement / passbook;
- The original payment receipt of the language test;
- A copy of the Test Report Form; and
- A copy of your Student ID card.