UOW College Hong Kong (UOWCHK), formerly Community College of City University (CCCU), has more than 35 years of experience in providing quality tertiary education in Hong Kong.
The College is registered under the Post Secondary Colleges Ordinance (Cap 320) and is an approved post secondary college in Hong Kong. Since July 2015, the College has been part of the global network of the University of Wollongong (UOW) in Australia, through which our students’ horizons and learning experiences have been widened and enriched via visits by UOW academics or exchange programmes to UOW.
With approximately 220 well qualified and dedicated staff, UOWCHK is highly regarded for its rigor in quality assurance and its emphasis on holistic education. Significant resources are devoted to devising an uncompromising curriculum and arranging overseas study tours and short courses, internships, and career exposure and mentorship programmes to facilitate the intellectual development of students.
It is widely acknowledged as one of the leading institutions of its kind in Hong Kong and provides quality tertiary education to more than 3,500 students. The College offers a wide range of degree and sub-degree programmes, a Diploma in General Studies, and international language proficiency tests with preparatory courses. In association with UOW, the College offers accredited UOW top-up degrees for associate degree or higher diploma graduates.
UOWCHK aspires to be a leading university in Hong Kong with an outstanding reputation for the professionalism of its graduates.
We aim to deliver quality in teaching, learning and research with a strong and connected presence to our local, regional and global communities, nurturing graduates who are recognised for their capability and trusted for their professionalism.
In July 2015, the University of Wollongong (UOW), Australia, assumed stewardship and governance of UOWCHK.
Through this alliance, UOWCHK students’ horizons and learning experiences have been widened and enriched via exchange programmes to UOW's global network of campuses.
Articulation opportunities have been enriched by this partnership as UOWCHK now offers UOW top-up degrees in business, communications, and computer science.
Welcome from the President
Our alliance with the University of Wollongong in Australia also offers unique opportunities for further studies in UOW undergraduate programmes.Read the full message
Upon completion of their studies, bachelor degree graduates of UOWCHK/CCCU should be:
- accomplished in his or her academic/professional discipline, and able to express and discuss complex ideas relating to that discipline effectively in written and spoken form;
- someone with a capacity for scholarship and the capability for independent thought, critical and creative thinking, and offering solutions;
- respectful of diversity and open-minded to social and cultural differences;
- aware of national, international and global issues;
- an individual who can be a good team player and who is responsive to change and challenge;
- a person of integrity who lives by ethical standards; and
- committed to the idea of personal growth and lifelong learning.
Upon completion of their studies, sub-degree graduates of UOWCHK/CCCU are expected to excel in disciplinary knowledge and to demonstrate high standards of personal integrity and civility. Sub-degree graduates of UOWCHK/CCCU should:
- be eligible to articulate into senior years of bachelor degree programmes;
- be able to demonstrate a required level of discipline-specific knowledge;
- demonstrate preparedness for employment as para-professionals;
- apply effective communication, language, numeracy, critical thinking and information technology skills in their pursuit of further academic and professional qualifications, as well as in the workplace;
- work effectively and harmoniously with people from different social and cultural backgrounds;
- act as ethically and socially responsible citizens in a globalizing society; and
- embrace opportunities for lifelong learning.