Admission requirements are what you need to meet in order to be eligible to apply at UOW College Hong Kong
For admission to bachelor degree programmes, applicants must meet the following requirements:
Year 1 Entry
obtain Level 3 in Chinese Language and English Language and Level 2 in Mathematics and Liberal Studies plus one Elective at Level 2/ “attained” in an Applied Learning Subject (“3322+2”) in HKDSE; OR
pass AS Use of English and AS Chinese Language and Culture plus one AL subject/two AS subjects in HKALE and Level 2 for Chinese Language and English Language plus passes in five other subjects in HKCEE; OR
obtain equivalent qualifications.
Year 3 Entry*
Holders of an associate degree or a higher diploma in similar or relevant discipline from a recognised tertiary institution in Hong Kong with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above or equivalent
1) Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE)
- Level 2 or above in five HKDSE subjects including Chinese Language (Note 1) and English Language (Note 2);
- If a subject under “other languages” is used for meeting the requirement in (a), a minimum of grade E is required;
- A maximum of two Applied Learning subjects graded “Attained” or above can be included for meeting the requirement in (a);
- Satisfy programme-specific entrance requirements (Only applicable to Associate of Business in Administration in Accountancy).
2) Other Qualifications
- Completion of the College Diploma in General Studies programme (Note 3) or a one-year full-time Pre-Associate Degree programme;
- Completion of Diploma Yi Jin (Note 4);
- Grade E or above in one General Certificate of Education A-level (or A2)/International A-Level subject. Two Advanced Subsidiary (AS) level subjects will be considered equivalent to one GCE A-Level. The same subject may not be counted at both the A Level and AS Level;
- A National College Entrance Examination (普通高等學校招生全國統一考試) score above the cut-off lines set for entry into non-government universities (本科二批分數綫)(Note 5) and a minimum English score of 100. Please refer to Chinese version for details; OR
- International Baccalaureate Diploma or equivalent
3) Mature Applicants
Mature applicants must be over the age of 23 by 1 September of the year of admission and be able to demonstrate aptitude and suitability for the programme applied for.
For applicants who have either learned Chinese Language for less than 6 years while receiving primary and secondary education or learned Chinese Language for 6 years or more in schools, but have been taught an adapted and simpler Chinese Language curriculum not normally applicable to the majority of students in local schools, alternative Chinese Language qualifications (GCEAL/AS Chinese grade E or GCSE/IGCSE Chinese grade C) or grade E in HKDSE “other languages” can replace Chinese Language level 2;
GCE/GCSE/IGCSE subjects, TOEFL or IELTS cannot be used to replace English Language Level 2;
Successful completion of the Diploma in General Studies will fulfil the entrance requirement to UOWCHK associate degree programmes (except Associate of Social Science in Social Work);
For students who have successfully completed the Maths Plus elective course, the qualification acquired under the Programme is comparable to the attainment of Level 2 standard in five subjects including Chinese Language, English Language and Mathematics in the HKDSE Examination.
The College may admit those applicants whose scores are below the cut-off lines but who can demonstrate good aptitude for the programme at admission interview.
To apply for admission to Diploma in General Studies programme, applicants must meet the following requirements:
Achieved total score of at least five* in five best subjects of the HKDSE; or
Completing other secondary qualifications awarded overseas; or
Other equivalent qualifications.
* HKDSE Levels 1 to 5 are converted into scores 1 to 5 respectively.