International Students

The College welcomes students from overseas countries to come to Hong Kong to study its Associate Degree and Higher Diploma Programmes including students from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, Cyprus, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, and Yemen.

The medium of Instruction is English.  The total tuition fee for associate degree/higher diploma programmes is HK$119,700 (US$15,287 for two years. International students are required to settle the tuition fee of HK$54,000 upon acceptance of admission offer and pay an additional, one-off administrative charge of HK$12,000.

The entrance requirements for international students are as follows:

  • Grade E or above in one General Certificate of Education A-level (or A2)/International A-Level subject. Two Advanced Subsidiary (AS) level subjects will be considered equivalent to one GCE A-Level. The same subject may not be counted at both the A Level and AS Level;
  • International Baccalaureate Diploma or equivalent (#); or
  • Mature applicants must be over the age of 23 by 1 September of the year of admission and be able to demonstrate aptitude and suitability for the programme applied for.

Applicants whose entrance qualification is obtained in a language other than English will need an acceptable result in an approved English language qualification such as TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, GCE, SAT or ACT. The minimum requirements for TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, GCE, SAT and ACT are given below:

  1. Score of 500 (paper-based test) or score of 173 (computer-based test) or score of 60 (internet–based test) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
  2. Overall band Score of 5 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS),
  3. Minimum Score of 75 in Duolingo English Test
  4. Grade C in English in Cambridge General Certificate of Education (GCE)
  5. Grade E or above in GCE AL/IAL or AS/IAS English Language, English Literature or English Language and Literature
  6. Minimum score of 480 in Evidence-Based Reading and Writing in new SAT
  7. Minimum score of 20 in both ACT English and ACT Reading

# Remark: The College has admitted students holding the qualifications of Business and Technology Education Council (BTECH) Level 3 Diploma or above, the Organisation for Tourism and Hospitality Management (UK) (OTHM) Level 3 Foundation Diploma, QUALIFI Level 3 DIPLOMA (by Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual)), and also students in possession of qualifications satisfying the minimum entrance requirements of universities in their home countries.

International students can only enroll in two-year Associate Degree or Higher Diploma programmes in business, science, and technology, as well as design. They may also pursue top-up programmes at local universities, local self-financing institutions, or international universities such as University of Wollongong, or UOW-Top degree in Hong Kong, after completing the two-year Associate Degree/Higher Diploma programmes.

Associate Degree Programme List


Associate of Business Administration in Accountancy 

Associate of Business Administration in Financial Services

Associate of Business Administration in General Management

Associate of Business Administration in Human Resources Management

Associate of Business Administration in Marketing


Science and Technology

Associate of Science in Airport Operations and Aviation Logistics

Associate of Science in Aviation and Pilot Studies

Associate of Science in Creative and Interactive Media Production

Associate of Engineering

Associate of Science in Information Systems Development

Associate of Science in Network and Systems Administration

Higher Diploma programme list

Higher Diploma in Application Systems Development

Higher Diploma in Computer Network and Systems Administration

Higher Diploma in Creative Media Production

Surveys conducted last year showed that over 80% of our College’s AD graduates went on to further studies in degree programmes while 16% decided to join the job market.  Among those pursuing further studies, about 48% gained entry to publicly-funded and 39% to self-financing degree programmes, 6% were admitted to non-local degree programmes, while the remaining 7% planned to go overseas for further studies or engaged themselves in part-time studies. Below shows the relevant statistical data over the past two years.


Graduates of 2020 Cohort

Graduates of 2021 Cohort

(a)Percentage of AD students continuing further studies






(b)Distribution of students in further studies

• Studying at Publicly Funded Universities
• Studying at Self-financing Institutions
• Studying at overseas universities programmes offered in Hong Kong
• Studying at overseas universities
• Others






Publicly Funded Universities

The publicly funded universities listed below have admitted our graduates to their senior years in the order in which they were admitted last year.


QS Ranking in 2022

City University of Hong Kong


The Hong Kong Polytechnic University


Hong Kong Baptist University


The Education University of Hong Kong


The Chinese University of Hong Kong


The University of Hong Kong


The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology


Lingnan University


Self-financing Institutions

The self-financing institutions listed below, including the UOW College Hong Kong, have admitted our graduates to their senior years in the order in which they were admitted last year.

Study in Australia

The following universities in Australia have admitted our graduates to their senior years in the order in which they were admitted last year.

  • University of South Australia
  • The University of Sydney
  • The University of Queensland
  • Monash University
  • The University of Melbourne
  • University of Wollongong
  • Griffith University
  • Macquarie University
  • Queensland University of Technology
  • The University of Adelaide
  • The University of New South Wales
  • The University of Western Australia
  • University of Technology Sydney



For Associate Degrees and Higher Diploma programmes

According to Numbeo's "Cost of Living" (, a single person's projected monthly expenditures without rent are USD1,080.24 (or HKD 8,467.23).

The cost of living by Numbeo is on the high side, with a monthly expenditure of around USD 705 or HKD 5,500 for three meals, transportation, books, clothing, and other necessities. A shared single bed room costs around $USD 769 or HKD 6,000. More information can be found in the government’s website covering your necessary expenses from arrival, accommodation, support Services, entry of dependents of non-local students to the cost of living.

In the academic year 2022-23, the tuition fee of the College for non-local students is HK$123,400 (US$15,820). The tuition charge for Associate Degree/Higher Diploma programmes is set for a period of two years. Table 1 offers a preliminary estimate of the cost of study at the College for two years.

Table 1: Rough Estimate


Amount in HK Dollars

Amount in US Dollars (@7.8 exchange rate)

Tuition fee for two years1


USD 15,821

Living costs (meals, transport, laundry, and education expenses for books, stationery, etc.)2


USD 16,923

Accommodation for two years3


USD 18,462

Total amount for two years

HKD $399,400

USD 51,205

Total per year


USD 25,603



  1. Tuition Fee for Associate degree for two years is HK$113,400 and for overseas students, there will be an additional charge of $10,000 for two years.
  2. Actual costs will vary depending on lifestyle choices. Students may also need to budget for overseas exchanges, summer study tours and emergency medical expenses, etc. The amount is for two years
  3. Estimated costs for private renting at a monthly of HKD $6000.


The following websites may provide you with useful information. Choose an accommodation near the college, such as Kai Tak, Hung Hom, or Prince Edward.   (serviced apartments open to all students)  (serviced apartments open to all students) (good quality)   (in Chinese) Rent Range, between HKD4,000 and HKD8,000 (from $3800)

Upon receiving an admission offer from the College, you must obtain a student visa. In general, international students need to designate a local sponsor, who might be the College providing the acceptance or an individual, to support your visa application to the HKSAR Immigration Department.  As it usually takes six to eight weeks to process your visa application for study, the application deadline for September admission is the end of June. Note that College will assist you with the application process. The Immigration Department will require the following documents from you for student visa application:

  • Application for Entry for Study in Hong Kong (ID995A);
  • Your recent photograph for attaching to the application form ID 995A;
  • A photocopy of your current travel document;
  • A letter of acceptance from the College;
  • One of your parents should authorize the sponsor (could be his/her relative/friend in Hong Kong) to be your guardian. A consent letter duly signed by both the guardian and one of your parents should be produced (if you are under the age of 18);
  • Photocopy of proof of your accommodation arrangement (for those under the age of 18); and
  • Photocopy of proof of your financial support, e.g. bank statements, savings account passbooks, etc.

Applicants may also contact the agents listed below, who have signed a contract with UOWCHK.

  1. Study IN (Best English Club), 81 Nurmakova Street, Kazakhstan,, +77081681312. Contact for admissions, Adina Aldaniyaz, 81 Nurmakova Street, Kazakhstan,, +77081681312
  2. World Edu. Inc., 848 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL, 33131, US,, +19547400321, Contact for admissions, Inesa Srapionyan, 848 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL, 33131, US,, +19547400321
  3. Master Plus International, 64 Aram Street, Yerevan, 0002, Armenia,, +37499500016, Contact for admissions, Gayane Sargsyan, 64 Aram Street, Yerevan, 0002, Armenia,, +37499500016
  4. Yes Corporate Group Pty Ltd T/A Yes Education Group, Level 45, 680 George Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia,, +61291892324, Contact for admissions, Grace Huynh, Level 45, 680 George Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia,, +61291892324
  5. Sonya International Education Centre Pty Ltd, Level 5, 155 Queen Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000 Australia, (India, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Australia), Contact for admissions, Ms Indu Arora, B-2/9, 1st floor, Opp Happy Model School, Janakpuri, New Dehli-110058, India,, +911143765500
  6. Global Study Partners Pty Ltd, Level 2, 11 York Street, Sydney, NSW Australia, 2000, Contact for admissions, Vienne Baker, Level 2, 11 York Street, Sydney, NSW Australia 2000,
  7. Visa World Wide Admission, Road No-2/A, Zigatola, Bus Stand, Bangladesh, Contact for admissions, Dr. Khandker Fazlul Huda, Road No-2/A, Zigatola, Bus Stand, Bangladesh,, +880 1711525070
  8. BN Global Consulting Services, World Trade Centre, Level 10, Tower 4/611 Flinders Street, Melbourne 3005, Australia, Contact for admissions, Bhumika Dewan, World Trade Centre, Level 10, Tower 4/611 Flinders Street, Melbourne 3005, Australia,, +61 4062652084
  9. Bridge Blue Pty Ltd, Suite 3, Level 2, 137-139 Bathurst Street, Sydney, NSW2000, Australia, Contact for admissions, Peter Kovach,, +61 437400026
  10. A-Level Education Center, Shamil Azizbeyov 156, Baku Azerbaijan AZ1010, Azerbaijan, Contact for admissions, Tamara Babayeva, Director, Shamil Azizbeyov 156, Baku Azerbaijan AZ1010, Azerbaijan,, +99 4702359195
  11. Australian Agency for Education & Training Pty Ltd Trading as StudyCo,  P O Box 180, Collins Street West, Melbourne, Vic 8007, Australia, Contact for admissions, Zeina Mansour, P O Box 180, Collins Street West, Melbourne, Vic 8007, Australia,, +61 396292677
  12. Country City Study Centre Co., Ltd, 191, Silicon Complex Shopping Plaza, 5th floor, Unit 513, Bangkok, Thailand, 10500, Contact for admissions, Lalita Thardomrong, Silicon Complex Shopping Plaza, Unit 513, Bangkok, Thailand,, +66 958128181 

College General Office

The College’s General Office provides a full range of information and support services to students, from pre-arrival to adaptation to life and study, and to post-graduation job search, including scholarship, language and academic support, on-arrival reception and orientation programme, counselling, student accommodation, career guidance, and further studies.

Please visit the College’s website or contact the office directly for information on 852 2707 3111 and email

Consulates in Hong Kong

More than a hundred nations and territories have established representative offices in Hong Kong. The contact information of these offices can be found in the following website of the HKSAR Government:


If you have an emergency, such as a bodily injury or your property being taken, please do not hesitate to call the Hong Kong police. The police has a number of hotlines and 999 is the one for emergency help.

If you experience an emergency, e.g., fire, find yourself in jeopardy, or merely witness a crime, dial "999" to call the police, fire department, or call for an ambulance.

In the "e-report Room" on the Hong Kong Police Force's website, you may also report your missing property, online crime, etc.

Despite Hong Kong's low crime rate, pickpockets and those peddling counterfeit brand name items are not unheard of. You can find some helpful advice on how to protect yourself here.

Besides, do not panic when you are sick. Hong Kong has a world-class healthcare system that provides emergency and outpatient medical services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you require any medical services, public or private, during your stay in Hong Kong, you can refer to government’s websites such as:

  1. Department of health
  2. Hospital Authority; and
  3. A list of Registered Private Hospitals

If you have not arranged insurance before arriving in Hong Kong, the College will enroll you in a group plan. However, the policies normally only give limited and basic coverage and do not include medical or health insurance. Consult the College for details.

In any event, we highly urge you to secure your personal insurance coverage for the duration of your studies. Besides the basic package, you may opt for additional protection at your own discretion.

If you plan to travel outside Hong Kong, you should make sure that your existing insurance policy covers your destination. Otherwise, you are advised to buy additional travel insurance before your trip.

Here are some general suggestions to facilitate your arrival in Hong Kong.

  1. You need a passport with a valid visa (if required), an offer letter from the College, travel itinerary, and tickets.
  2. Bring the College's address and phone number, your accommodation address in Hong Kong and those of a contact person(s).
  3. Although Hong Kong has a four-season subtropical monsoon climate, the temperature can be frigid in the winter. You should bring some warm clothing with you. A decent umbrella will also come in helpful, as Hong Kong has a lot of wet days throughout the year. Before leaving, make sure you have checked the weather forecast.
  4. For transportation, meals, and other incidental needs, you may require some petty cash in Hong Kong Dollars (say for example, HK$10,000). Money exchange services are widely available across the city, including airport and banks.
  5. Opening a bank account in Hong Kong may take some time. As you may need to withdraw money from your native country's bank account when you first arrive, please contact your local bank for further information.

The Hong Kong Dollar is the official currency of Hong Kong, and it is tied to the US Dollar. Over the last 30 years, its exchange rate has remained constant at roughly HK$7.8 to US$1. In Hong Kong, you do not need to bring much cash. It's advisable to have enough money to cover food, entertainment, and transportation for the first month or two. ATMs are widely available from a variety of banking institutions, and the amount withdrawn from your home account will be translated to Hong Kong Dollars at the currency rate at the time of the transaction (additional handling fee may be required for the service). Foreigners are welcome to open bank accounts in Hong Kong. All you need are your student ID card, passport and evidence of residency. If you do not want to deal with the headache of converting foreign currencies all the time, opening a local Hong Kong Dollar bank account is a good solution. It also makes receiving remittances from other countries easier. In addition to Hong Kong dollars, larger chain stores frequently take US dollars, albeit the conversion rate may be less favourable.