Faculty of Science and Technology
- Two BAvOM students awarded the HKASS 2022/23 by TLB, HKSAR
- Diploma of Applied Education
- Direct Admission of Non-JUPAS Local Applicants (4 quotas)
- Smart City New Programme
- Transfer to UOW Australia
2024-25 Academic Year
JUPAS SSSDP Programme Application
Late application period
2024-25 Academic Year
E-APP Programme Application
Main Round Application
Second Round Application
Two of our Year 1 Bachelor of Aviation (Honours) in Operations and Management (BAvOM) Students, Mr Shun-hei Leung and Miss Malaika Mahmood from the Faculty of Science and Technology, were selected for full scholarships of the Hong Kong Aviation Scholarship Scheme (HKASS) under the Maritime and Aviation Training Fund by Transport and Logistics Bureau for the academic year 2022/23. Each scholarship is worth HK$100,000. Congratulation to Shun-hei and Malaika!
The HKASS aims to encourage continuous professional enhancement for the aviation sector and is awarded for studies leading to an aviation-related degree of higher programmes. For more information about this scholarship, please visit Transport and Logistics Bureau website https://www.tlb.gov.hk/eng/highlights/transport/20140401-04.html
Students admitted to our Year 1 BAvOM in the 2023-24 cohort could apply for the scholarship when the HKASS application opens. If the potential students have any questions regarding the scholarship, please contact the General Office of the Faculty of Science and Technology at 2707 3232 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
UOWCHK offers DAE programme
UOW College Hong Kong is pleased to start offering the Diploma of Applied Education Programme (DAE) in the 2023-24 academic year.
FST offers the following elective clusters:
- UO301 Microfilm Production
- UO302 Mobile App and 3D Animation Developments
- UO303 Nutrition and Fitness
- UO304 Aircraft Engineering & Engineering Services
- UO305 Photography, Graphic Design and Social Media
- UO306 Unmanned Aircraft Operation
- UO307 Customer Opinion Survey and Analysis
- UO308 Sustainable Agriculture
Eligible graduates will receive 30% refund of tuition fee by the Government, Total tuition fee HK$27,720.
Application for Admission to Bachelor of Aviation (Honours) in Operations and Management, SSSDP Programme is now OPEN for Non- JUPAS Local Applicants for 2023/2024 Intake
(by 4 September 2023, 5:00 pm)
Bachelor of Science in Smart City Technology and Urban Informatics
The proposed Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Smart-City Technology and Urban Informatics programme will be the first local degree programme of this nature in the city. The curriculum will include courses covering conceptual, intellectual and technical skills of relevant disciplines, interdisciplinary knowledge, as well as general education and generic skills. It will provide talents for large-scale projects such as the Smart City Kowloon East, Lok Ma Chau Loop and Lantau Tomorrow Vision.
Transfer to UOW Australia
We offers unique opportunity to our Associate Degree and Higher Diploma students in Hong Kong to articulate to our parent institution, University of Wollongong (“UOW”) bachelor degree program in Australia. With the possibility of completing the UOW undergraduate degree within 12 months and 25% off discount of your offshore tuition fees.
- Bachelor of Aviation (Honours) in Operations and Management* (JUPAS Code: JSSW01)
* Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions / Sectors (SSSDP) for both Year 1 and Year 3 Entry for 2024/25 intakes.
Information and Communication Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Artificial Intelligence#
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Smart-City Technology and Urban Informatics#
# Non-means-tested Subsidy Scheme (NMTSS) for Self-financing Undergraduate Studies in Hong Kong
Aviation and Logistics
Belong to one of the best
- World-class education
- HONG KONG ACCREDITED PROGRAMMES
- A CAMPUS NEAR YOU
- INDUSTRY CONNECTED
- TECHNOLOGY-RICH LEARNING
- Go beyond the textbook
The Faculty of Science and Technology has a long history of providing higher education to the Hong Kong community.
UOW ranks among the best:
- Top 200 in the world: UOW College Hong Kong (UOWCHK) is part of the global network of the University of Wollongong (UOW) in Australia, one of the world’s top 200 universities.
- World-recognized universities: The "2023 Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings for Engineering and Technology" ranks UOW 96th in the world, 6th in Australia and 2nd in New South Wales.
- Subject experts: Ranks UOW among the top 250 universities in the world for Computer Science and Information Systems in the "QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023".
The academic programmes in our Faculty are all:
- Locally accredited: All programmes are accredited by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) and are all well recognized within the Qualifications Framework in Hong Kong.
- Government recognized: Most of the courses in our programmes are included under the Reimbursable Course List of the government's Continuing Education Fund (CEF).
Study close to home:
Our campus in Tai Wai is well connected by the MTR networks. No matter which programme you choose, you will become part of one big community of learning. Our students are able to enjoy the facilities in our campus, including the fitness room, dance room and music room.
The College maintains close links with the industries to enable students to require the fundamental skills needed for success in the real world. Every year, about 2,000 students are engaged in internships, special projects, fieldwork and site visits.
- Be ready for the industry: All programmes are regularly reviewed by the industries concerned so that their graduates well hill suit the needs of the Hong Kong workforce.
- Get noticed by the industry: Work on real industry-sponsored projects, and showcase your work at the faculty's annual project show.
- Be rewarded: UOW works closely with a number of organisations such as the Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong Towngas and the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals(SPCA) which offer generous oppotunities with work-integrated learning components to our students.
- Travel and study: Seize the opportunity to visit our partner programmes in Australia, Dubai and Malaysia.
Be at the forefront of technology:
- Hands-on learning: You decide what to work on for, and you are in charge of your own projects with the guidance of caring instructors.
- Purpose-built facilities: Our labortories equipped with specialised facilities including:
- brand new computers with network newly upgraded in 2023
- aviation and flight simulation
- video production equipment
- equipment for scientific reach out
- Innovation technology: Available for animation, interactive media, 3D printing and prototyping
- Learn outside classrooms: In 2018/19, 48 local co-curricular activities were sponsored by UOWCHK, enriching the learning experiences of about 2,300 students. These activities covered community services, cultural awareness, language training, skill training, and teacher-student gatherings.
- Resume normal: In September 2021, many of the practical components of our courses will return to face-to-face learning in our state-of-the-art facilities or out in the field, allowing you to gain a deeper understanding of the theories learnt and develop your practical skills. Further details on individual subject delivery will be made available in due course.
Meet our graduates
- 2023 - Master of Science in Information Technology
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- 2022 - Bachelor of Computer Science (Top-up Degree)
University of Wollongong
(Offers by UOW College Hong Kong)
UOWCHK Outstanding Student Award 2022
- 2021 - Associate of Engineering
UOW College Hong Kong
UOWCHK Aviation Camp
During the summer of the first year's study, students can choose to take the elective course “Practical Flight Training”. Students will join the UOWCHK Aviation Camp and go to Australia to learn flying theories taught by professors in Australia. Moreover, students who join the UOWCHK Aviation Camp can taste the actual piloting experience in the Flight Training Adelaide (FTA). FTA is the only flying school designated by the Cathay Pacific Airways for training of their cadet pilots.Student Achievements
A student experience like no other
Faculty of Science and Technology