Faculty of Science and Technology
The Faculty of Science and Technology (FST), with a vision of “Sustained Excellence in Applied Science and Technology Education in Hong Kong”, offers academic programmes in various fields of science and technology which enable the younger generation to experience the application of different technologies and help them prepare for further studies and career. These include academic programmes in the areas of information technology, aviation and aviation logistics, environmental studies, data analytics, engineering and creative media. Graduates of our AD and HD programmes have good opportunities for further study at bachelor degree level, both locally and overseas.
Currently, the faculty offers 9 associate degree programmes, 4 higher diploma programmes, 1 Cap320 degree programme and 1 top-up programme. Supported by experienced academic staff and with professional advice from industry experts, programme curricula are designed to provide students with the basic principles, concepts and methods of applications in their chosen areas of study. The faculty also possesses up-to-date facilities including state-of-the-art computer laboratories and equipment, network and multimedia laboratories and flight simulation facilities.
The faculty organises internships, field trips and joint student projects with various organisations, as well as visits and overseas study tours to Japan, Korea, Singapore, UK, US, Australia, New Zealand and elsewhere. Seminars, career talks, competitions and social gatherings are regularly held to enhance whole-person development and peer learning among students.
Professor VRIJMOED KWAN, Lilian Lee-ping
Vice-President (Academic) cum Acting Dean
Faculty of Science and Technology
Aviation and Logistics
Information and Communication Technology
Transfer to UOW Australia
We offers unique opportunity to our Associate Degree and Higher Diploma students in Hong Kong to articulate to our parent institution, University of Wollongong (“UOW”) bachelor degree program in Australia. With the possibility of completing the UOW undergraduate degree within 12 months and 25% off discount of your offshore tuition fees.Transfer to UOW
Belong to one of the best
- World-class education
- HONG KONG ACCREDITED PROGRAMMES
- A CAMPUS NEAR YOU
- INDUSTRY CONNECTED
- TECHNOLOGY-RICH LEARNING
- Go beyond the textbook
The Faculty of Science and Technology stems from the former Community College of City University (CCCU), which has a long history of providing higher education to the Hong Kong community.
UOW ranks among the best:
- Top 200 in the world: UOW College Hong Kong (UOWCHK) is part of the global network of the University of Wollongong (UOW) in Australia, one of the world’s top 200 universities.
- World-recognized universities: The "2020 Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings for Engineering and Technology" ranks UOW 91st in the world, 6th in Australia and 2nd in New South Wales.
- Subject experts: Ranks UOW among the top 250 universities in the world for Computer Science and Information Systems in the "QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021".
The academic programmes in our Faculty are all:
- Locally accredited: All programmes are accredited by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) and are all well recognized within the Qualifications Framework in Hong Kong.
- Government recongized: Most of the courses in our programmes are included under the Reimbursable Course List of the government's Continuing Education Fund (CEF).
Study close to home:
Our campuses are all located at the heart of Hong Kong and well connected by the MTR networks. No matter which programme you choose, you will become part of one big community of learning. Our students are able to enjoy the facilities in one or even more of the UOWCHK campuses located at:
- Kowloon Bay
- Kowloon City (ready in September 2021)
- Tai Wai (ready in 2024/2025)
The College maintains close links with the industries to enable students to require the fundamental skills needed for success in the real world. Every year, about 2,000 students are engaged in internships, special projects, fieldwork and site visits.
- Be ready for the industry: All programmes are regularly reviewed by the industries concerned so that their graduates well hill suit the needs of the Hong Kong workforce.
- Get noticed by the industry: Work on real industry-sponsored projects, and showcase your work at the faculty's annual project show.
- Be rewarded: UOW works closely with a number of organisations such as the Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong Towngas and the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals(SPCA) which offer generous oppotunities with work-integrated learning components to our students.
- Travel and study: Seize the opportunity to visit our partner programmes in Australia, Dubai and Malaysia.
Be at the forefront of technology:
- Hands-on learning: You decide what to work on for, and you are in charge of your own projects with the guidance of caring instructors.
- Purpose-built facilities: Our labortories equipped with specialised facilities including:
- brand new computers with network newly upgraded in 2021
- aviation and flight simulation
- video production equipment
- equipment for scientific reach out
- Innovation technology: Available for animation, interactive media, 3D printing and prototyping
- Learn outside classrooms: In 2018/19, 48 local co-curricular activities were sponsored by UOWCHK, enriching the learning experiences of about 2,300 students. These activities covered community services, cultural awareness, language training, skill training, and teacher-student gatherings.
- Resume normal: In September 2021, many of the practical components of our courses will return to face-to-face learning in our state-of-the-art facilities or out in the field, allowing you to gain a deeper understanding of the theories learnt and develop your practical skills. Further details on individual subject delivery will be made available in due course.
Meet our graduates
CHAN Wai Kuen
UOWCHK Aviation Camp
During the summer of the first year's study, students can choose to take the elective course “Practical Flight Training”. Students will join the UOWCHK Aviation Camp and go to Australia to learn flying theories taught by professors in Australia. Moreover, students who join the UOWCHK Aviation Camp can taste the actual piloting experience in the Flight Training Adelaide (FTA). FTA is the only flying school designated by the Cathay Pacific Airways for training of their cadet pilots.Student Achievements
A student experience like no other
Faculty of Science and Technology
[Sung Wong Toi MTR Station Exit B3]