Quality and Accreditation at UOW College Hong Kong
Our commitment to quality and continual improvement, led by the Quality Assurance Committee of UOW College Hong Kong (UOWCHK), is what helps us to uphold our standards of academic excellence. Through our rigorous programme approval, review and monitoring processes, engagement of external academic and professional advisors, as well as our quality assurance systems on teaching and learning and assessment coupled with regular professional development activities on teaching and learning quality enhancement, we ensure that the quality of education and learning experience of our students is of high standards and the programmes are meeting the needs of society.
Alongside our internal processes for quality assurance, all Cap320 degree, associate degree and diploma programmes offered by UOWCHK are accredited by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) with reference to seven standards listed below that have been benchmarked both locally and internationally through a process of peer review.
- Programme Objectives and Learning Outcomes
- Learner Admission and Selection
- Programme Structure and Content
- Learning, Teaching and Assessment
- Programme Leadership and Staffing
- Learning, Teaching and Enabling Resources/Services
- Programme Approval, Review and Quality Assurance
Such accreditation ensures that the qualifications received by UOWCHK graduates are recognised throughout Hong Kong and internationally for further education and employment in the private and public sectors.
The HKCAAVQ institutional evaluation also validates UOWCHK’s institutional competence in four key areas listed below.
- Organisational Governance and Management
- Financial Viability and Resources Management
- Organisational Staffing
- Organisational Quality Assurance
This ensures that the governance structure, academic standards and quality, teacher quality, quality assurance mechanisms and financial condition meet the required quality assurance standards.
Professional Recognition and Exemptions
Alongside UOWCHK's institutional accreditation, some of the College’s programmes have been formally recognized by professional bodies. Such recognition allows for our graduates’ registration or partial exemptions from the organisations’ professional registration requirements. These professional bodies include:
- Social Workers Registration Board, Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
In addition, the College has maintained close links with professional bodies which offer exemptions and/or membership to our degree and/or associate degree graduates with the relevant specialism(s).
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Association of International Accountants
- Hong Kong Designers Association
- Hong Kong Hotels Association
- Hong Kong Institute of Bankers
- Hong Kong Institute of Human Resource Management
- Hong Kong Institute of Marketing
- Hong Kong People Management Association
- Hong Kong Public Relations Professionals' Association
- Hong Kong Recreation Management Association
- Hong Kong Statistical Society
- Hong Kong Logistics Association
- Human Resources Management Association of Canada
- Institute of Financial Planners of Hong Kong
- PartnerNet, Hong Kong Tourism Board
- Physical Fitness Association of Hong Kong, China
- The Chartered Institute of Marketing
- The Institute of Purchasing and Supply of Hong Kong