Special educational needs


The College is committed to providing equal educational opportunities for all students including those with Special Educational Needs (SEN). You may submit a SEN declaration form together with relevant documentation to request for special arrangements which could help facilitate your learning at the College. You can also contact the Student Affairs Coordinator of your Faculty, your Programme Leader or the SEN Coordinator whenever you are in need.

 Download Declaration Form


Support Services Available for Students with Special Educational Needs:

Special Examination Arrangements

If students have a condition that might impact on their ability to perform in examinations, they can apply for special examination arrangements. Examples include:

  • Extended time for examinations
  • Use of assistive technology such as a screen reader
  • Sitting examinations in a separate room
  • Extra time on short loan or reserve books

Academic Support

Academic advisors, tutorial services, early dissemination of handouts, flexible study programme

Professional Support

  • Career advisory services
  • Consultation services provided by clinical psychologist

Counselling Services

The College provides counselling services to help students adjust to college life, cope with problems effectively, and enhance their personal growth and development.

Accessible Facilities

  • Accessible washrooms
  • Lifts
  • Automatic doors


The SEN Officer will send the application details of internship schemes to declared students.


Contact Us

Telephone: 2707-3111

E-mail: uowchk-ss@uow.edu.au