Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) 常見問題
- How do I print, copy or scan in the Library?
- How can I access my borrowing record?
- How do I log into my library account?
- How do I renew my on-loan items?
- How to use student printing quota for to print materials in the library?
The UOWCHK Library provides printing, scanning and photocopying services.
More information on how to print and copy is available on the Printing & Photocopying page
You can access your borrowing record via your Library Account. You can check your on-loan items under loan tab.
Log into My Library Card using your UOW account to view your loans, requests, fines and messages.
Your student/staff card is also your library card and you can use it to borrow items from the UOWCHK Library.
Sign in to My Library Card for how to renew items.
For the loan quota, please refer to Borrowing from UOWCHK page
The renewal process:
- Students have a loan period of 28 days for general collection items.
- You will need to renew the item on your library account manually if you wish to keep it.
- After two renewals, you are compulsory to return it to the Library on/before the due date.
- If the item is recalled (or when you're finished with the item), return it to the Library.
If your library membership is due to expire before the 28-days loan period, the due date of your loans’ will be cut short until the account expiry date.
For more information see the page about Borrowing from UOWCHK Library page.
Please note that quota printing is not available in library.