Your Future Awaits
- Application Methods
- Notes for Non-local Applicants
- Important Information for Applicants
- Admission for International Students
1. Via E-APP / JUPAS / Online
Applicants who sit for the 2021 HKDSE examinations MUST submit their applications for our full-time Associate Degree / Higher Diploma / Degree programmes (Year 1 entry) through the Electronic Advance Application System for Post-secondary Programmes (E-APP) during the period from 10 December 2020 to 12 July 2021.
Applicants who sit for the 2021 HKDSE examinations MUST submit their applications for Bachelor of Aviation (Honours) in Operations and Management (Year 1 entry) through the Joint University Programmes Admissions System (JUPAS).
Applicants with other qualifications can submit their applications for our Diploma / Associate Degree / Higher Diploma / Degree / Top-up Degree programmes through our online application platform.
2. By Post
Completed application forms together with relevant documents and the original proof of application fee payments should be sent by post to UOW College Hong Kong, 1/F, Le Billionnaire, 46 Sa Po Road, Kowloon City, Hong Kong.
Completed application forms together with relevant documents and the original proof of application fee payments can be deposited in the collection boxes outside either of these offices from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm daily:
- UOW College Hong Kong, 1/F, Le Billionnaire, 46 Sa Po Road, Kowloon City, Hong Kong [Sung Wong Toi MTR Station Exit B]
- UOW College Hong Kong, Telford Annex, G/F., Telford Plaza, 33 Wai Yip Street, Kowloon Bay [Kowloon Bay MTR Station Exit B]
The following documents should be submitted together with the completed application form:
- Photocopies of relevant certificates and transcripts
- Photocopy of HKID card or passport
Interviews and Payment of Application Fee
Once we have received your applications, the College will contact you shortly by e-mail for interview arrangements.
Result of Application
Applicants will be notified of the results of their applications by post or email. Successful applicants will receive an offer letter. To confirm acceptance of the offer, students are required to pay the acceptance / tuition fee on or before the due date indicated in the offer letter.
Non-local students are required to apply for Student Visa/Entry Permit issued by the Immigration Department of HKSAR Government. Generally, it takes about 6-8 weeks to process a visa application.
Tuition fee for Associate Degree Programmes amounts to HK$ 100,800 for two years. Non-local students are required to settle the tuition fee of HK$50,400 upon acceptance of admission offer and pay a one-off administrative charge of HK$10,000.
Non-local students will need to make their own accommodation arrangements while studying in Hong Kong.
You may submit up to three applications for each TYPE of programme (e.g. degree, associate degree, higher diploma) in ONE Faculty. Applicants wishing to apply for more than one type of programme in one faculty or apply for programmes in different faculties are required to submit separate applications.
Furnishing false information
Qualifications provided by applicants will be verified and checked for accuracy at the time of enrollment. Provision of any false or misleading information, or failure to supply full documentation for verification on request will lead to DISQUALIFICATION of the application for admission and enrollment in the College. Any fees paid will NOT be refunded.
Change of correspondence information after submission of application
You are reminded to keep your correspondence information updated to ensure timely receipt of communications from the College regarding your application.
If there are changes to your correspondence information (postal address, contact phone number, and e-mail address) after submission of application, you can notify us by fax: 3442 0555 or email (email@example.com). You may be asked to provide documentary proof of these changes.
Applicants with physical or other disabilities
The admission of an applicant to our College is based on academic criteria and other specified entrance requirements. If you have a physical or other disability, you are not required to declare this at the application stage, and you will receive the same consideration as other applicants. Applicants with a physical disability who feel that the physical disability might substantially hamper their progress are invited to discuss their situations with the relevant programme leader.
Use of application information
The information that you provide to our College, including the HKID card number, will be used for the following purposes:
- as a basis for various types of processing in relation to your application;
- as a basis for selection of applicants for admission in September 2021 to the programmes offered by the College, and for other relevant or related purposes;
- as a basis for consideration of credit transfer as appropriate;
- for identifying multiple applications and records of previous studies as a student in the College;
- for statistical and research purposes (our staff may call you to collect some information)
In accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right of access to and the right of correction of the information contained in the application form, and the right to request a copy of such data.
Cancellation of programmes
The College reserves the right to cancel or suspend any programme. Fees already paid for any such programmes will be refunded.
If you have completed equivalent courses at a recognized post-secondary institution, you may be eligible to apply for credit transfer to your chosen programme upon admission to the College.
If you have previous studies which you wish to be considered for credit transfer, you should make your application by filling in the relevant application form attaching copies of the relevant transcripts before the first semester starts.
Admission for International Students
The College welcomes students from overseas countries to come to Hong Kong to study its Associate Degree in Business or in Information Systems development, including students from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, Cyprus, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, and Yemen.
Due to COVID-19, students will be arranged to study the programme on-line in Semester A but in-face teaching will resume in Semester B unless there are special circumstances. While you are in Hong Kong, we will arrange shared accommodation for you. Please see below the information on the programme, study path, academic calendar, admission requirement, on-line application and enquiry.
Associate of Business Administration in International Business Management
In today’s inter-connected society, it is essential to understand the world in an international context. Increasingly companies are looking for graduates who can solve cross-cultural problems and think on a global scale. Introducing the foundations of international business, supply chains, human resources and operations, this programme provides a solid foundation for students to articulate to bachelor degrees or work as a para-professional. You will study the global challenges companies face, look at international boundaries, trade, global economics and how to negotiate with and navigate in diverse cultures. This approach to problem solving will broaden your world view and help you understand international business from different perspectives. The above is the synopsis of the Associate of Business Administration in International Business Management programme. For further details, please visit web-link [HERE].
On completion of the Associate of Business Administration in International Business Management, the following progression paths are open to you:
- Degree programmes in University of Wollongong, Australia;
- One-year top-up degree programme, Bachelor of Business, jointly offered by University of Wollongong and UOW College Hong Kong in Hong Kong; or
- Two-year degree programmes in Hong Kong including Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) in Finance, Bachelor of Banking and Financial Technology (Hons), and Bachelor of Marketing and Supply Chain Management programmes offered by UOW College Hong Kong
Associate of Science in Information Systems Development
The Associate of Science in Information Systems Development (AScISD) programme aims to provide students with sound knowledge of computing fundamentals, a thorough understanding of ethical issues, and management and planning skills associated with the computing profession, develop their competence to manage and develop information systems in a contemporary business context, prepare them for further study in a related discipline and employment at the para-professional level, and cultivate a spirit of lifelong learning. For further details, please visit web-link [HERE].
On completion of the Associate of Science in Information Systems Development, the following progression paths are open to you:
- Degree programmes in University of Wollongong, Australia;
- One-year top-up degree programme, Bachelor of Computer Science, jointly offered by University of Wollongong and UOW College Hong Kong in Hong Kong; or
- Two-year degree programmes in Hong Kong.
Course Delivery Arrangement
Mode of Delivery
Between 27th September and 25th December 2021
Between 17th January and 14th May
- Completion of International Baccalaureate Diploma; or
- Completion of a local international school or a non-local high school at Grade 12 or equivalent; or
- Attaining qualifications for admission into the first year of local universities; or
- Grade E or above in one General Certificate of Education A-level (or A2)/International A-Level subject. Two Advanced Subsidiary (AS) level subjects will be considered equivalent to one GCE A-Level. The same subject may not be counted at both the A Level and AS Level.
Remark: Applicants whose entrance qualifications were obtained in a language other than English will need an acceptable result in an approved English language test, such as IELTS score (overall band ≥ 5.0).
Medium of Instruction, Tuition Fee and Application Procedure
Medium of Instruction: English
Tuition Fee: HK$24,000 for the first Semester
Application Fee: Nil
Scholarship: Applicants will be offered an entry scholarship of HK$10,000.
Enquiry: Dr. Charlie Choi, firstname.lastname@example.org