Higher Diploma in Digital Communication Design*
This Programme builds on the College’s considerable expertise in the area of design essential for design innovation. It equips students with a wide range of communication design skills which enable them to function responsibly in a creative environment with creative and practical communication skills reflecting abilities for analytical thinking, visual expression and problem-solving. Areas of studies include typography, advertising, information hierarchy, visualization skills such as photography, drawing and computer graphics, and production knowledge.
Admission, entry requirements, and fees
Applications can be submitted by the following methods:
- E-APP (for current HKDSE only)
- Online Application (for applicants with other qualifications)
- By Post / In Person (Application Form)
Click here for more information on admissions procedures.
Programme Specific Entry Requirements
- No programme specific entrance requirement
$150, waived for this year
Associate Degree Programmes
HK$1,800 per credit x
63 Credits required for Programme Completion
Associate of Social Science in Social Work
HK$2,600 per credit x 38 social work courses credit +
HK$1,800 per credit x 21 general Education credit +
HK$2,500 per credit x 15 fieldwork placement credit
A Graduation Fee of $400 will be charged upon enrolment in a programme.
Students enrolled in self-financing Bachelor/Associate Degree /Higher Diploma programmes are eligible to apply for financial assistance from the following sources:
- Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-Secondary Students (FASP)
Provides means-tested financial assistance to needy full-time students pursuing locally-accredited, self-financing post-secondary education programmes at the level of associate degree, higher diploma or degree. The scheme aims to provide financial assistance to needy students so that no eligible students will be denied access to post-secondary education because of lack of means.
Enquiries: 2152 9000
- Non-means Tested Loan Scheme for Post-Secondary Students (NLSPS)
The NLSPS is used to complement the Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students (FASP) to provide loan(s) to eligible students to settle tuition fees of locally-accredited, self-financing full-time post-secondary education programmes at the level of associate degree, higher diploma or degree.
Enquiries: 2150 6222
- Continuing Education Fund (CEF)
Some of the AD programmes or course(s) in the AD programmes are included in the list of reimbursable courses for CEF purposes.
The CEF subsidizes students over 18 years of age with learning aspirations to pursue continuing education and training courses. Eligible applicants enrolling on courses after 1 April 2019 will be reimbursed 80% of their fees on the first $10,000 and 60% on the second $10,000, subject to a maximum sum of HK$20,000 (whichever is the less), on successful completion of a reimbursable programme/course(s).
Enquiries: 3142 2277
Programme structure and outcomes
Upon successful completion of this programme, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate fluency in the visual vocabulary and technical skills relevant to communication design;
- Utilize the knowledge of design processes to conceptualize and generate relevant solutions to design problems;
- Utilize relevant applications of tools and technology in the creation, reproduction, and communication of design solutions;
- Evaluate design decisions in the light of ecological, social, economic, and cultural dimensions;
- Perform as a professional designer demonstrating competent knowledge and skills, strong work ethic and team spirit
- Creative Thinking, History of Art and Design, and Visual Research
Visual Communication Competencies:
- Design Fundamentals, Expressive Drawing, Graphic Information Design, and Typographic Design
- Advanced Motion Graphics, Photographic Design and Imaging, and Social Media Design
- Design for Business, Integrated Studio, and Internship
- Advertising Design, Interactive Design, 3D Animation, and 3D Modeling and Visualization
This programme will be offered starting from 2020-2021. Possible articulation may include Arts degree programmes in City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong Baptist University, The Chinese University of Hong Kong and the University of Hong Kong.
Graduates from this programme will be able to take up in a wide range of jobs which include art directors, social media designers, assistant producers, 3D modelers, animators, and other creative jobs that require digital visual communication skills.
Faculty of Arts and Humanities
Telephone: (852) 2707 3113
Fax: (852) 2707 3114
Address: 1/F, Le Billionnaire, 46 Sa Po Road, Kowloon City, Hong Kong
[Sung Wong Toi MTR Station Exit B3]