Credit transfer


Transfer of credits may be granted to students in recognition of their prior studies completed at an appropriate level which are recognised by the College.

Outbound exchange students who have earned credit units at the host institutions can apply for credits transfer to the College. They need to submit pre-approval applications via the Programme Leader prior to their departure for the exchange programme. Upon return to Hong Kong, they need to submit official transcripts to the College Office on the credits they have taken at the host institution.

Transferred credits will be counted towards meeting the credit units required to earn an award from the College. Students are not required to take the course(s) for which credit transfer has been granted. Since students may be pre-registered with courses at the start of a semester/term, students are required to take the initiative to drop the course(s) for which credit transfer has been approved.

Transferred credits normally do not count in the calculation of a student’s GPA, except where special arrangements have been made. In the student’s academic record, a "TR" grade denoting "Credit Transfer" will be assigned to the equivalent UOWCHK course(s). A special course code with the appropriate credit units will be entered in the student's academic record.

Credit transfer must have been earned no earlier than eight years before the date of enrolment at the College.

Application Procedures


    1. Students who wish to apply for credit transfer based on previous qualifications attained prior to admission to the College must make an application before start of the first semester of their admission. Current students who have completed studies at other institutions after admission to the College must submit an application before start of the semester following attainment of the additional qualification. 

      Late applications will NOT be accepted.

    2. In submitting an application, the student needs to make sure that the courses for which they want to apply for credit transfer are equivalent in level and content to the specific UOWCHK course(s). They should consult their Programme Leader if in doubt. 
    3. Separate applications should be made for courses or qualifications completed at different institutions. Official transcripts (or certified true copies) and other documentation in support of the application should be attached. Applications without relevant documents will not be considered. Supporting documents will not be returned to students.
    4. Applicants need to complete the  form, attach supporting documents and submit the application in person at the College Office of UOWCHK, together with the original receipt of the required fees payment (HK$140/application).
    5. Since student's application for credit transfer has to be considered by academic units concerned, the processing time varies. Applicants will be informed of the result via email as soon as possible.


[Download Application Form for Credit Transfer]